Thursday 26 July 2012

Building



A week has come and gone very quickly. My rehabilitation plan continues to be working well. I’ve managed a solid little routine that enables me to get ample exercises, strengthening and stretching down at the start and end of the day.

I’ve been doing the injured area first; which involves the use of bands, and exercises prescribed by my physio.  This is followed by core work, and various Yoga positions which will support and strengthen. Then onto the foam roller, which inflicts a tolerable pain and then more stretches (calves, quads, hamstrings, ITBs and hip flexors. All of this does take up some time but is well worth it.

This week I clocked up about 2 hours 15 worth of running, including a 53 minute run, my longest in about 5 weeks. Signs are good and all has been pain free. Pace is very slow as I’m adapting my stride and gait. I already feel much more open and free through my hips but do struggle to maintain the poise throughout the run. This will come with more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment